Wednesday 15 February 2017

Strays (The Darkchild Trilogy #1) by Sadie Munroe (Review)

     Dark and engaging, Strays takes on a world of mystery and danger and throws the readers right into the middle of it. Lindsay has never had an easy life, from her mother abandoning her to having to work all night and go to school all day just to simply survive, but when a missing boy shows up unexpectedly at her apartment things get even harder. Trying to solve the mystery of what happened to him, she will get pulled into a world of mystery and extreme danger.
    I found the story telling of this novel to be mildly agitating but I could also see the merits to telling the story in this manner. The novel jumps chapter by chapter from the past to the present, leaving for some disconnected story telling, but allowing for some interesting 'ahha!' moments for the readers. The mystery in the novel was very well done, and it was hard to predict the plot at any point. I found that aspect of the novel made it very hard to put down. Character wise, it had some pretty good character development for Lindsay and one of the male leads, but everybody else was left fairly underdeveloped. There is not much I can say without spoiling anything in the story, but I can definitely say that I did not predict the ending of the novel, I was genuinely surprised by the turn it took in the finally. All in all, I enjoyed Strays and give it the rating of FOUR AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment