Saturday 8 October 2016

Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones (Review)

    When she was a little girl, Liesl danced with the Goblin King in the time of corsets and maidens. She grew up as friends with him and played games with him, but as she matured, she forgot him and left him behind. Years later, he's back again in the human world and he is willing to do anything to make her his bride. Through his deceptions and tricks, Liesl struggles to save her sister and herself from his world of chaos and magical glamour.
    I found this book tragically beautiful. It is by far not a happy go lucky novel, and I think I should give you fair warning that it does not have a happily ever after ending. Based in goblin mythology, Wintersong brings to life the tragic and broken love between Liesl and her Goblin King. I'm torn about this novel. I was really hoping for a happy ending and was saddened not to get one, but my biggest issue with that is not the sad ending, but all the questions left unanswered. There were many plot points that were just dropped at the end of the novel, and were completely left untouched. Ignoring the end though, the novel was pretty well written, and it had me engaged most of the time. I will warn you, there is sexual content in this novel, even if it is spoken about poetically and abstractly. So, ultimately, I give Wintersong the rating of FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment