Friday 22 January 2016

Sparked (Metal Bones #1) by Sheena Snow (Review)

    In a world where robots are being introduced into everyday households, Vienna suspects something sinister is up. Distrustful of the new life-like machinery, Vienna starts to research these machines when she is interrupted by killer robots, only to be saved by more robots. Thrust into this new world of danger and love, Vienna is on the run for her life.
    I was pleasantly surprised by Sparked. I did not know what to expect, but the story was actually pretty good. I enjoyed the romance between Vienna and Alec. The romantic tension held my attention while the story unfolded. I loved the adventure in this literary universe, it was engaging and fascinating. The characters were mostly all perfectly developed, and were enjoyably to read about. I do have a couple complaints about the novel though. I found some of the internal dialogue to be a little strange, making it hard to connect to as a reader. I also found that there was a moment at the end in which I found there to be some discontinuity in the plot. It bugged me a bit when I noticed, taking some of the enjoyment out of the reading. I give Sparked the honest review of THREE AND A HALF STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment