Friday 25 September 2015

Getting to Know the Authors: Featuring Claire Kennedy!


Bio:
     Claire Kennedy is an executive assistant and freelance writer living in Nashville, TN. She loves playing volleyball and rock climbing when not working on her YA novels. AFTER HOURS is her first novel.
    Claire's next book, SECRETS, LIES, AND SCANDALS, will be released next summer under the name Amanda K. Morgan. It's the story of five teens who are involved in a murder and must use their various skills to keep the secret even as their own paranoia and scandalous activities doom them.
You can find her on twitter at: https://twitter.com/amandakmorgan

What has she written? 
She has written: 
After Hours by Claire Kennedy
   Isa, Xavi, Peter, and Finn know that a job at the high-end Waterside Cafe isn't just about waiting tables. It's about the gossip, the hook-ups, the after-hours parties and, most of all, it's about Tips.
   Tips--the high-stakes game based on dares. Whoever completes the most dares wins the collected money. A sum that could change a wasted summer into a Summer to Remember.
    Isa is the new girl with an embarrassing secret, and as long as she stays on top of her game, she sees no reason why anyone could ever find out.
   Xavi will do anything for the money...absolutely anything.
   Peter, Xavi's stepbrother, has been in love with her for years, and he thinks the game is the perfect time to confess his feelings.
    Finn is in the game just for the thrill. He has enough tips coming in to keep him happy...even if those tips come with some conditions.
    From seduction to stealing to threats, the dares are a complete free-for-all, and only the best can win.
    The sophisticated Waterside Cafe is anything but classy behind the scenes...and things are about to get dirty.

Now on to the Interview!!!
1) How old were you when you started writing, in your opinion? 
I've written for as long as I can remember. Writing has always been something I've really loved. It's always been a part of me.

2) What do you want a reader to gain from reading your works? 
I just readers to enjoy them. That's all.

3) What are your three top suggestions on becoming an author, or being a pleasure writer? 
1) Read as much as you can. 2) Write as much as you can. 3) Give yourself permission to make mistakes.

4) What is your favourite novel, why? 
Any Harry Potter book. They're all magical and I want to live in them!

5) Who is your favourite author, why? 
JK Rowling for the reasons above. She's brilliant and her writing is so lovely and lyrical.

6) What are your favorite pass times besides writing?
I love playing volleyball (sand and indoor) and rock climbing.

7) Who in your life do you credit your imagination to the most?
 My parents always really encouraged my creativity. I had an incredibly childhood. I never felt limited in any way and I really thought anything was possible. How many people can say that?

8) What are the top five things on your bucket list? 
1) I want to do something really nice for my parents. Something big and memorable to thank them for everything they've done for me. 2) Skydiving. Jumping out of a plane sounds like a good time! :) 3) I'd love to visit another country (that isn't bordering the US). I've never been overseas and I'm desperate to go. 4) See the northern lights. I've seen them once before and I'd love to see them again. 5) Visit a castle. This seems terribly romantic and I'd love to do it.

9) What is your funniest childhood memory? 
Hmmmm...this is a tough one! I'd have to say when my family took a road trip to Houston and my sister and decorated kid's meal toys with silver Sharpies and put them on strings behind the car. It was probably the weirdest and funniest thing we've ever done (it was inspired by Napoleon Dynamite).

10) To the youth of today, if you could tell them one thing, what would it be? 
Be brave! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment