Saturday 16 May 2015

Beautiful Redemption (The Maddox Brothers #2) by Jamie McGuire (Review)

   The second instalment of the Maddox Brothers Series, Beautiful Redemption introduces you to another Maddox boy. His name is Thomas Maddox, and he is one of the best and most powerful agents in the FBI. When agent Liis Lindy comes into his life it's changed forever. Liis is a business first women who will not put up with Thomas's crap and attitude.
   I found Beautiful Redemption to be a little disappointing. There was not enough tension in the romance, or in the plot itself. I found Liis to be overly obsessed with her job, and yet she still managed not to get much work done in the novel. She didn't solve one mystery, or do much at all besides translate two things and obsesses over her love life with her boss, Thomas. Now, I don't think that the whole thing was all bad. Thomas was an adorable character with many positive aspects. He was very protective and loving to his family. Liis is a very independent and strong female character, which I liked. Past that, ultimately, I didn't love Beautiful Redemption and I give it the rating of TWO OUT OF FIVE STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment