Thursday 23 April 2015

The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2) Lori M. Lee

    The second book in the Gates of Thread and Stone series, the story of Infinites and mortal progresses.  I found this book to be a little to chaotic and unsatisfying in the story telling. I did love the characters, but I was bothered by the lack of deep connections that I loved so much in book one!  There was huge rifts in the connects between the main character and pretty much every other character in the entire story. I believe that was a bad thing because the relationships were the best part of the first novel in the series. Taking that away substantially lowered the quality of the novel. Moving on to the environment of the story, the wasteland outside, dead from the war, and the city in that wasteland. The city was flourishing and left me with a lot of questions. For example: How do they grow food? Why is the city not of a similar environment to the desert considering it is surrounded by a desert?
    On the upside, the action sequences were pretty good and there was a plot twist in The Infinite that was pretty intense and interesting. I also found that the mixture of magic and technology in the novel to be supper interesting. On top of that the rebirth of society after the end of the world was done very interestingly. Ultimately I was disappointed with The Infinite and give it the rating of TWO STARS OUT OF FIVE!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment