Sunday 12 April 2015

Gathering Frost (Once Upon A Curse #1) by Kaitlyn Davis (Review)

    I found the concept of Gathering Frost riveting. The concept of mashing out current modern world and the world of magic and fairy-tales together by force is something that had me curious, had me trying to picture what that would look like. That is very good because a story that sparks imagination is a truly good story.
   Delving into the character development, I loved the way the evil Queen was designed. She reminded me of an evil Elsa, from Frozen. From the way she wore crystals to her white-ish blond hair. She set the stage for the rest of the characters and their motivations very well. Now Jade, the main female protagonist, is a super strong character. Although there was some room for improvement with the introduction of Jade. The author does not give enough of a glimpse into Jade's past in the beginning to allow the reader to make a deep connection from the very beginning.
    I love the relationship between her and Asher. The romance was heart touching and lovely. The twi characters seemed very well suited for each other. Although, again, I do feel there was room for improvement in the ways of the romantic tension. I feel that the romance would have been more potent if the tension leading up to it had been more described and tense. As it was, it was still a very good book, and I recommended it to those fairy-tale fans out there. I give Gathering Frost the rating of THREE AND A HALF OUT OF FOUR STARS!
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment