Thursday 16 April 2015

Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1) by Lori M. Lee (Review)

   Right from the get go the setting and feel of the story caught my attention. Gates of Thread and Stone definitely has a unique tone to it. It's a mixture of the themes/genres of post-apocalyptic, romance to a degree and mythology. I loved the loving, pure and strong relationships that the main character, Kai, has with her adoptive brother and friend Reev and Avan. The relationships and character dynamics were so well developed that they played my hearts strings like a master musician. The quality of the relationships definitely up'd the overall quality of the book itself, making it a far more high quality and interesting read.
      I only have one piece of criticism and that was on the ending/conclusion of the novel. The ending was less that completely satisfying. I found that the dynamics I had come to love and expect a lot from earlier in the novel was weaker for some reason. Specifically the relationship between her and her brother. I wish that the connections between her and the boys had been strengthened and solidified before the book ended. Ultimately I did enjoy the book and I give Gates Of Thread and Stone FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment