Sunday 23 November 2014

Under My Skin (Immortality Strain #1) by Shawntelle Madison (Review)

       What would you do if the one thing we all take for granted is taken away from you? What would you do if you have to battle for control of your own body? For Tate, a teenager, this becomes her life. After being selected for an “honoured” position, she quickly discovers the dark truth of the all-powerful Guild the controls her country.  Under My Skin has the reader asking large questions of concepts like “the ends justify the means” and contemplating what gives a life value, and who has the right to it.  I felt this novel had a very smooth feel to it, and did not linger too much on pointless detail. There is definitely much room for improvement with the resolution, due to giant gaps in what happened to others the reader would be curious about. This conundrum most definitely would leave the reader less then satisfied as they would finish the novel, as it did me. I give Under My Skin the rating of three and a half out of five stars.
*Advanced Readers Copy Review*

No comments:

Post a Comment