Monday 1 September 2014

The Hunt (The Hunt #1) by Andrew Fukuda (review)

     I simply hate it when a book does not deliver what its blurb and cover offers. In the case of The Hunt, the whole thing is a lie. The blurb and title tell you about a hunt, a hunt where vampires hunt the last of the humans as they fight to survive. Knowing that, you’d expect… you know, the actual hunt taking place in the book… kinda being the whole story because of the cover and blurb depicts. Well, it’s a lie. Until the last few pages, the entire book is the time before the hunt. The politics and the wait up to the hunt. There was action and cool moments, don’t get me wrong, but I kept waiting for the hunt to start. I was so very disappointed with its lack of delivery. I was impressed by the concept of a human living and hiding amongst vampires, and the character Gene is very complex and believable.

 All in all, this was an okay book that was not properly advertised. I don’t really recommend it, but I don’t think this book was a nightmare. I give it a middle rating of three stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment