Tuesday 8 July 2014

Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire (Review)

     I was so excited about this book, being a huge fan of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire... but after reading it I was really confused. This.This book gives me so many mixed emotions. I believe as a stand-alone book it could be a very good book, but in the shadow of beautiful disaster, it falls short. So reading it, I was expecting plot twists left and right, what I got was maybe one plot twist in all. And again, unlike Beautiful Disaster, there was little to none action in the story. In addition, the main conflict is not very well defined or presented. Needless to say I was more than a little disappointed. On the flipside, the book hade very lovable and three dimensional characters like Camille and Trenton (the main romantic characters). I also enjoy the interesting backdrop with the romance of Travis and Abby from Beautiful Disaster. Very well tied in if I do say so myself. So all in all, I give this book three stars. 




No comments:

Post a Comment