Thursday 26 June 2014

Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones (Review)

    Wow, this is one beautifully intense novel. This is captivating. This is an amazing book. When I finished I felt like Thor with coffee. 
    I can't express how happy I was to find such an action packed young-adult novel with minimal romance. Emily is one of the first young-adult authors that I know of that are so confident in their writing ability, that she didn't fall back on romance to make up the story's plot-line. The story is captivating and hypnotizing. With the awesome backdrop of Immunes, which are people with super powers like mind-reading and the ability to creating illusions, the story catches the attention of the readers. I'll be honest, it doesn't have the clearest plot-line and the bad guys. In this the good guys are crooks, prostitutes and thieves,and the bad guys are the government and the FBI. I felt very off kilter not just because of their rolls, but because the bad guys don't necessarily seem like bad people. So I believe this book earns four stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment